How to take advantage of mobile POS benefits for your business
FREE POS SYSTEM PRICES QUOTES
According to results from a Motorola Solutions study, 26.2% of businesses are considering making the switch to a mobile POS system. Many businesses in hospitality and retail sectors plan to use a mobile POS to provide better staff coverage on the floor of a business, as well as to cut down on customer lines at reception desks or cash registers.
With the growing popularity of smartphones, it would only make sense that a mobile POS system is the way of the future for a number of business models. Here are some of the many mobile POS benefits you can expect from upgrading your system:
What are the benefits of a mobile POS system?
Why spend the time and money to make the switch to a mobile POS system in your restaurant, retail store, or convenience store?
Here are several key reasons that a mobile POS system upgrade can pay off fast:
- Streamline order taking in a restaurant
- Receive customer payments on a sales floor
- Improve customer service to encourage repeat business
- Serve customers faster with a quicker turnover
- Cut down on restaurant wait times
- Expedite checkouts to prevent customer dissatisfaction
- Automatically email receipts and tickets
- Improve customer security
While the many benefits listed above are impressive reasons to implement a mobile POS for any business, security is often one of the most attractive features to consider. A business owner may choose to upgrade their POS technology in order to meet stricter security guidelines; mobile device transactions must now adhere to PCI guidelines to ensure a secure wireless environment with added protection from data encoding.
What businesses can use a mobile POS system?
The benefits of a mobile POS system can extend far and wide into a number of industries, including:
- Retail boutiques
- Department stores
- Grocery stores
- Specialty shops
- Convenience stores
- Liquor stores
- Festival vendors
- Outdoor concerts
- Food trucks
Clearly, mobile is the key word when it comes to implementing mobile POS technology. Many major businesses, including Home Depot, now use mobile capabilities to improve customer engagement by allowing cashiers and restaurant servers to mix and mingle with customers to take orders or receive payment away from the cash register.
Important mobile POS buying tips before you purchase
If your business is ready to take the plunge into mobile POS technology, consider these helpful buying tips before making a full system upgrade:
- Identify your needs to choose a mobile POS tailored to your industry.
- Buy a system of the right size based on how many transactions you conduct per day.
- Choose a versatile system that can process credit cards, debit cards, gift cards, and more.
- Select a mobile system that can support growth to sync multiple store locations together in the future.
- Look for additional features to manage appointments, reservations, or customer order tracking.
The good news is that an upgrade to a mobile POS system can provide all of the standard POS features your business needs to function on a daily basis, including customer management, automated purchasing, return processing, employee tracking, and more – with greater flexibility in mobile customer interaction.